Friday 15 August 2014

Lets Plant Grapes

August 5, 2014


Lets plant grapes ,  I remember when I was still in High School my dad brought home a grape cutting from la union , a gift from a friend, and following the instruction of his friend we planted the grape cutting  in our back yard.

I was the one who was assigned to take care of the grape , after a year it yielded fruits. The grapes where green and tasted like kalamansi. My Aunt uses them to cure her cough.  It did not yield so much fruit because we do not know how to prune it nor what fertilizer to use to make the yield larger and sweeter. Because of too much leaves it became a haven for garter snakes and large red ants. In the end my dad decided to cut it , and that was the end of my affair with grape and my first vineyard.

Sometimes this year I saw an Ad on FB regarding grapes , large red cardinal grapes in  La Union , raise by Gapuz Farm. I became so curious that I visited the place and I fell in love. I am now dreaming of having my own vine yard and since there are no information nor books available on how to plant grapes in our country , join me in documenting my up coming adventure and love affair with grapes

GAPUZ FARM LA UNION

No comments:

Post a Comment