Tuesday 10 February 2015

February 11, 2015 exactly  , 10 months after we planted our first grapes cuttings last  May 2014 , we will have our first harvest !!!., the fruits are sweet and can be compared to imported grapes, although not yet in commercial quantity we have proven that grapes can be planted and grown in Tarlac !!!

Now that we have learned how to deal with the bugs that ate most of our first batch The newly planted vines (Planted in early December) are also doing good with zero mortality(Good News) 






 .
Having this success, coming March we will be pruning the fruited vines and we will try t to plant at least 120 cuttings  (We now have 30 Vines). My main target is to plant 1000 vines by year 2016.


2 comments:

  1. How is your vineyard now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Palawan and would like to plant grapes. I have planted 6 grapes asan experiment. Now the vine has reached around 5 feet high, and I put a hogwire over it. What should b the thing to do, that I don't know. Pls help me

    ReplyDelete